Storytellers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storytellers Guild

Where we just keep on and keep on til we get it right.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rules about RPing:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2007-06-12

The Rules about RPing: Empty
PostSubject: The Rules about RPing:   The Rules about RPing: Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:49 am

Here goes:

1. Remember that God-modding rules apply here. You're not to state in your post what happens to another character in the story. You can only say what you do and what you hope to accomplish. It is up to the other character to determine whether or not your actions affect them.

The only small exceptions to this rule have to do with the ability of the character who starts a thread to determine the course of the story.

2. Every thread belongs to the person who started it. So any rules or parameters they put on the RP are to be followed to the best of everyone's ability. If you don't like their rules, start your own thread and do it your way.

The person who starts a thread is ultimately in control of it. If they decide it rains and you're playing the Wicked Witch of the West, you're screwed. If you're running and they decide a wad of gum is on the ground under where you step... then it happens that way. They cannot however state the you step on the wad of gum or that you melt in the rain... as these are God-modding.

3. I haven't banned any language from the forum. But I fully expect you to keep your language under control. I have a responsibility to make sure this is a fun environment for everyone and constant swearing can take away from the fun for some people. I'll won't stop you from being colorful... and I understand that inappropriate language can sometimes be appropriate in a story. But I won't be happy if you start letting the F-Bomb fly.

I won't ban you or anything unless it gets out of hand. But if I edit your post, just live with it. I won't edit it unless I really think you crossed the line.

4. Let's keep the material in the stories from getting too graphic, alright. I won't be any more specific than that. But if I need to put an 'R' rating on your story, we're gonna have to go and start making closed areas... and that's just a pain in the butt. So I'm not gonna do it.

5. For the record, all the RPs are visable from outside and you don't have to have an account to read them. So keep that in mind. The Storytellers Guild is for everyone to enjoy. You don't have to make an account to do so. But if you want to participate, then you have to register.

It would be helpful for at least a while, if we didn't go creating NPC accounts. Please stick to making the account for your character in RK. Gimme some time, and other accounts can be made, I'll just limit their access to certain places.

6. Most of all... enjoy yourselves.
Back to top Go down
http://storytellersguild.niceboards.net

The Rules about RPing:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Storytellers Guild :: Announcements :: The Rules-
Jump to: